Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just Because I Put a Date on It!

I was reminded this morning that I told people a patch for MoneyWell was going out yesterday and that I shouldn't talk about a release if I'm not going to deliver. He's right of course, but I was so sure it was going out. I don't know why this always happens when I publicly announce a date for a release.

Here's how it goes:

  1. You plan for what needs to be fixed in a patch

  2. You begin to code the patch and unit test each fix

  3. You test the program overall to make sure nothing else was broken

  4. You release the patch


See, in the case of 1.0.2 (39), step 2 was going so well. I made it through all but one of the fixes in a little over a day. How could I not finish that last item, I had all day!

I didn't finish that last item. It's just being stubborn.

So I'll work on getting it out again today, but no promises this time (maybe that'll help keep Murphy off my back). It's a really good patch, so hang on and I'll get it to you ASAP!

The upside is, I have a real download stat still (118,000+ copies). Judy also noticed that I lost my featured product status on Apple's all categories page (Toon Boom Studio snatched it away), but I still have the business and finance page and I'm still near the top of the most downloaded list. That means I have a little more time to work out my marketing plan for after I lose the cherished Apple spot.

Peace.